Tuesday, October 8, 2019

REVIEW: Dachshund Through the Snow

Dachshund Through the Snow
Author: David Rosenfelt

Andy Carpenter's wife Laurie loves Christmas. She starts the holiday early and finishes it way after the season is over. She has decided on a new holiday tradition. Local children leave wishes on a tree at the local pet shop. Laurie plans to fulfill as many of those wishes as she can. One wish particularly gets her attention. Danny asks for a gift for his mom, a sweater for his pet dachshund.....and that santa find his missing dad. Turns out his dad is on the run from a murder charge that he didn't commit. Can Andy Carpenter and his family/friends solve the case and bring this family back together for the holiday?

I enjoyed this book....but I jumped into this series on book #20....so it took me awhile to understand the characters and their personalities, relationships, past history. I think I would have enjoyed the story more or gotten sucked into the action faster had I already been familiar with the series. As it is, I liked the characters and the nice dose of humor, plus action and great investigation. Very enjoyable story!

I think my favorite character has to be Andy's wife. She is intelligent, sassy and a bit extra. Bigger than life. She put a lot of fun into the plot. I love the front cover art. The cute dachshund on the front is what first made me want to read this book! :)

**I voluntarily read an advanced reader copy of this book from St. Martin's Press via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment