Monday, October 7, 2019

REVIEW: The Extinction Agenda

The Extinction Agenda
Author: Michael Laurence

FBI Special Agent James Mason and his team discover a conspiracy to inflict a deadly virus on humanity. They launch a night raid to prevent release of the pathogen, but the group behind the cosnpiracy knows they are coming. The building explodes, killing most of the strike force. Mason realizes the plot is much worse than first thought and at the center is an evil that has caused pandemics in the past. And Mason is determined to stop the killing...once and for all.

This story has a real Mission Impossible vibe to it. I liked the characters, action, and vivid detail. The author definitely did a lot of research and mixes many, many facts into this fictional story. I like his writing style, although at times the story did get bogged down in a lot of extra details. It didn't harm my enjoyment of the story -- I got sucked into the action and couldn't stop reading. There is definitely a lot of suspense, gruesome details and action sequences. I could see this book being made into a movie. I would definitely watch it!

Enjoyable story! I will definitely read more by this author!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St. Martin's Press via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment