Thursday, October 24, 2019

REVIEW: The Hippo at the End of the Hall

The Hippo at the End of the Hall
Author: Helen Cooper

A strange invitation to the Gee Museum arrives at Ben's house. His mom is always busy with her shop, so he decides to go by himself. Turns out, the museum is a very magical place and some bad people are trying to destroy it. Ben knows that he has to do everything he can to save the museum and its magical exhibits.

This is such a magical story for middle grade kids! The Gee Museum seems like such a fantastical place! I wish it was real....I would definitely be first in line to have a tour!

The story is pure magic. The illustrations are awesome! This book would be great to read out loud at home or in a classroom/homeschool setting. It would be so easy to incorporate all sorts of lessons along with the story...writing prompts, a trip to a local museum, art projects....lots of possibilities!

Well-written. Colorful, vibrant front cover. Engaging illustrations. Very enjoyable book!!

This is the first book by Helen Cooper that I've read. I love to read children's books, so I'm sure I will be reading more of her work! She's written quite a few middle grade books. As I looked through her list, I definitely saw more than just a couple that I want to read!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Candlewick Press via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment