Wednesday, October 30, 2019

REVIEW: Murder Can Mess Up Your Masterpiece

Murder Can Mess Up Your Masterpiece
Author: Rose Pressey

Rose Pressey's Haunted Vintage books are some of my favorite cozy mysteries! I like her writing style, humor, and fun plotlines. So, I jumped right on this new series! I'm glad I did! This first book in the Haunted Craft Fair series was a very enjoyable read!

Celeste Cabot longs to ditch her regular job and sell her paintings full time. The Summer Arts & Crafts Fair at Gatlinburg, TN is her first foray into living off sales of her art. She moves in her cute pink travel trailer, sets up her booth, and hopes for the best. Things almost immediately go wrong.....strange foreboding figures appearing in her paintings, stolen money, bad vibes, a ghost and.....a dead body.  While sales are going well, things at the craft fair seem to be getting increasingly dark and dangerous.

What a cute book! Celeste is a fun main character. Her family is a hoot, and I just love the idea of a chihuahua named Van Gogh. :) I have a chihuahua and a pomchi, so I can identify with the ins and outs of owning one of the little bundles of fierce. Chihuahuas can stuff a lot of courage into their tiny bodies. The front cover art featuring Van Gogh is just incredibly cute!

I live near Gatlinburg, TN and have been there many times. A cozy set in the mountains of Tennessee in that huge tourist area is definitely appealing, especially since Celeste is a local not just a visitor. She isn't there for miniature golf and a hotel with a lazy river pool....but she's selling her artwork to tourists at Gatlinburg's many holiday/seasonal/touristy events. I can see how that will have plenty of plot possibilities!

Great start to a new series! I am eagerly awaiting the next adventure! Luckily, I won't have too long to wait. The next book in the series, Murder Can Confuse Your Chihuahua, will be out soon!

**I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy of this book from Kensington via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment