Friday, January 10, 2020

REVIEW: Big Lies in a Small Town

Big Lies in a Small Town
Author: Diane Chamberlain

The lives of two women are brought together decades apart by a post office mural. In 1939, Anna Dale won a national contest to paint a mural for a small town post office in NC. In 2018, Morgan Christopher is hired to restore the mural. All those years ago, Anna disappeared. As Morgan works on the painting, she discovers small town secrets, lies, deception, hostility. She becomes determined to not only finish the restoration on time for opening of an art gallery in the town, but to find out the truth about what happened to Anna Dale.

This book sucked me in from the first page, and I couldn't stop reading. I had to find out the truth before I put the book down! Very entertaining and suspenseful! I'm not going to say anything more about the plot to prevent any spoilers.

The chapters alternate between the two women...Anna and Morgan....with the stories coming together at the end. Usually I really don't like time jumps back and forth like that....but with Diane Chamberlain at the helm, it worked perfectly this time.

Very enjoyable story....kept me guessing until the ending. And the end did not disappoint!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St. Martin's Press. All opinions expressed ar entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment