Saturday, January 4, 2020

REVIEW: Jinxed

Jinxed
Author: Amy McCulloch

I love this book! So entertaining! Just a fun book to read!

Lacey Chu dreams of working for MONCHA Corp, a large tech firm that makes digital pets called Baku. She's 12 and her biggest goal in life is to be a companioneer, creating Baku. Lacey's plans are in jeopardy when she is turned down for a spot at the Profectus Academy in Toronto. Just as she thinks her life is over before it really got started, she finds a damaged Baku. As she repairs it, the little digital cat somehow gets her a spot in Profectus. As she gets involved in school and learns more about Jinx, she finds out the little cat is part of a dangerous secret....

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It kept my attention from start to finish. It's definitely written for middle grade readers, but adults can definitely enjoy this story too! The story is age appropriate and interesting enough to tempt even reluctant readers.

I had such fun reading this book that I'm giving it full stars. I ordered a copy for my keeper shelf. There is a second book in the Jinxed series, Unleashed. I added it to my wish list, and I'm definitely eagerly awaiting another book. Such a fun story! Wish I had a digital cat instead of an iphone! :)

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Sourcebooks Kids via Netgalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**




No comments:

Post a Comment