Wednesday, January 15, 2020

REVIEW: Lore - Monstrous Creatures

Lore: Monstrous Creatures
Author: Aaron Mahnke

I have been a faithful listener of Aaron Mahnke's Lore Podcast for years now. I enjoy his stories of the strange and unusual. So, of course, when he started publishing books and even an Amazon series, I jumped on board for those as well. The Amazon series was a dud for me. I enjoyed season one, but for season two they changed the format and it was terrible (in my opinion, of course).

I enjoy the books. They are basically transcripts of the podcast with illustrations. I don't mind that...I love the podcast and enjoy having a hardback version on my keeper shelf. I listened to the audio book version of this (Random House Audio), and it was like listening to earlier seasons of the podcast again. :) Very enjoyable! Plus, it's my way of supporting Aaron Mahnke's work....I listen to his podcast, so buying his books makes me feel like I'm helping him out a bit.

I'm going to pick up the other books in this series (Wicked Mortals & Dreadful Places) so I have a matching set on my bookshelf.

The audio book is well done. Narrated by Mahnke, it's pretty much like listening to back episodes of the podcast. The audio is just over 9 hours long. Very entertaining listening experience!




No comments:

Post a Comment