Sunday, January 12, 2020

REVIEW: Daisy McDare and the Deadly Legal Affair

Daisy McDare and the Deadly Legal Affair
Author: K.M. Morgan

When Daisy gets a decorating job at a local Cozy Creek law firm, she looks forward to the challenge of updating the office's outdated look. Defense Attorney Max Cash proves to be a stressful person to work for....he is demanding, rude, and unlikable most of the time. His employees, his wife....even his girlfriend...don't really seem to like him much. When he's murdered, Daisy feels they arrested the wrong person....and she sets about doing some sleuthing to set things right.

Another cute short book in this cozy mystery series. I'm enjoying the audio book versions of this series. At about 3 hours long, the audio is short enough that I can easily listen while working at home or running errands. The stories are entertaining, and definitely cute and cozy. No spurting blood. No graphic sex or violence. No cussing. Quirky characters, and a cute dog. Pretty much the standard cozy mystery fare.

I like Daisy as a main character. She is funny, intelligent and always up for a bit of sleuthing. I think she needs to lay off the desserts though. In every book when she hits the difficult part of her investigation, she turns to cake, cupcakes, pudding....whatever food with chocolate and sugar in it that she can get. And sometimes not just one serving. At times, when she is headed to the local bakery, I almost wish I could hop into the story and tell her that something more healthy might be a better choice. All the woman talks about is sugar. lol. But, I can understand.....if I was dealing with murder and dead bodies while really just trying to do my job....I might turn to chocolate, too. Just makes me smile...the author is always referring to Daisy's more than well-rounded figure. Daisy, honey....it's the chocolate. Cut back a bit, babe. :)

This is an entertaining simple mystery. A fun, quick read (or listen). There are 11 books in this series. I'm going to work my way through them all. :) Moving on to book 3 -- Daisy McDare and the Deadly Directorial Affair.

**I voluntarily listened to a free audio book provided by the author, K.M. Morgan. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment