Saturday, January 11, 2020

REVIEW: Daisy McDare and the Deadly Art Affair

Daisy McDare and the Deadly Art Affair
Author: K.M. Morgan

Daisy McDare is trying to get over a recent breakup, but it seems she can't even take her pup to the dog park without seeing her ex and his new girlfriend. When she is contacted by an old friend about redecorating a room in her home, she jumps on the project. Anything to get her mind off her love life...or lack thereof. The decorating job becomes an even bigger distraction when a member of the household is murdered. Daisy gets pulled into some amateur sleuthing to keep her friend from taking the fall for a murder she didn't commit.

This book is a cute start to a cozy mystery series, and a short, entertaining listen. I wanted something short and fun to listen to while putting away all our holiday/winter decorations....at just over 3 hours, this book was the perfect choice. This is a cozy mystery so the plot is simple and there is nothing graphic. No spurting blood. No sex. No cussing. Just a love lorn decorator ferreting out a murderer. Simple plot. A few cute moments. A fluffy dog. The usual cozy fare.

I enjoyed this story. I chuckled a few times and, while the ending wasn't a complete surprise, it worked. All in all, a fun listening experience. I will definitely listen to the rest of this series on audio. Perfect length. Fun story. Enjoyable characters.

This audio book was narrated by Caroline Shively. She has a nice voice and did a good job of voice acting. The narrator really does make or break the audio book experience for me, especially because I have partial hearing loss. I was easily able to hear, understand and enjoy Shively's performance.

There are 11 books so far in the Daisy McDare series. I'm definitely going to listen to the rest!

**I voluntarily listened to a free copy of this audio book from the author, K.M. Morgan. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment