Thursday, January 2, 2020

REVIEW: Eventide

Eventide
Author: Mae Clair

Somehow I missed the second book in the Hode's Hill series, but the first book, Cusp of Night, was so good that I jumped right on this new book! I will back track and read End of Day. This series is so creepy cool and chilling! I really enjoy it!

Madison Hewitt is starting over. Her husband died four years ago, and after that shock she spent some time in a mental hospital. She has since moved on...she has a new boyfriend, just bought a house and is trying to put the past behind her. She isn't too bothered by the three graves in the yard or the sealed cistern in the basement.....but then her tires are slashed and she received strange threatening messages. Is her mind playing tricks on her again? Or is something more dangerous going on?

This book was a total binge read for me. Suspenseful and creepy! The plot jumps back and forth in time...which usually annoys me a bit...but this time it worked. The author writes it well, and it just works perfectly with the plot.

I'm definitely on board for the next book in this series! And End of Day is sitting right on top my TBR list! Always an entertaining, spooky read! I like the cover art for this book. It's so atmospheric and spooky looking. Perfect! Full stars from me!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Kensington. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment