Monday, January 27, 2020

REVIEW: The Other People

The Other People
Author: C.J. Tudor

I became a C.J. Tudor fan when I read The Chalk Man. And I'm an even bigger fan after reading The Other People!

Gabe is driving home....mindlessly following the usual route. He notices the rusty car in front of him....reads the various bumper stickers that adorn the back. Then he notices something terrifying. A little girl in the back....her face pops into the window, looking at him. It's....his daughter. Izzy. 5 years old. Then she's gone....the car lost in traffic....and he never sees his daughter again. Gabe spends years looking for her, the car he saw that day, anything.....    Gabe meets a group that operates through the dark web. The Other People understand loss. They want to help those who have lost someone. But it's quid pro quo. A favor for a favor.....

What a creepily suspenseful story! As a mom, this was a rough plot for me....I think every parent fears an event like this. What would I do if I saw my child or grandchild in the backseat of a stranger's car?? Holy crap -- that would be incredibly terrifying!!! And then to find a group that will seek out answers, justice, a resolution of some sort.....for a price. This rapidly turned into a binge read for me....I couldn't stop reading!

Another great book from C. J. Tudor! Full stars from me!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Random House. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment