Tuesday, January 7, 2020

REVIEW: The God Game

The God Game
Author: Danny Tobey

What a wickedly strange, mesmerizing story!

Charlie is a high school senior. When he and his friends get invited to play in an exclusive underground video game called G.O.D. Game, they find it exciting, addictive and exhilarating. They can win gadgets & tech, cash and other cool prizes in real life. But there is a cost....  Players can win cool stuff if they succeed in the game. But, failure can be dangerous. When the game messages become threatening, Charlie and his friends discover that playing the G.O.D. Game can have bad consequences.

I'm a big fan of Stranger Things and Sci-Fi game related stories like Ready Player One. So, this story is perfect for me. I really enjoyed this book! The kids get sucked into this game, its culture, the exhilaration of being "special'' enough to be invited, and the thrill of winning real world prizes.....but when they get the full picture, the consequences are just plain scary.

Great read! I binged this one starting on Christmas Eve and just couldn't put it down!

This is the first book I've read by this author. I'm definitely going to read more!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St. Martin's Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment