Monday, September 14, 2020

REVIEW: Anxious People



Anxious People
Author: Fredrik Backman


It took me a few days after reading this novel to figure out how to write a review without giving too much away. You see, this is the sort of book you need to read with no preconceived ideas or spoilers....not because it gives the plot away, but just because it's so much better to have it all be a surprise. 

So, I'm going to review this book carefully.....and I'm not telling you anything about the plot.

Fredrik Backman never ceases to amaze me. The first book I read by Backman was Beartown. Then I figured the second book, Us Against You, couldn't possibly be as good....but it was. Then I read A Man Called Ove. I was prepared to be disappointed...but I loved that one too. When I read the blurb about Anxious People I really expected to find the plot annoying and tedious, but I remembered my surprise at the Beartown series and Ove....so I decided to chance it.

Glad I did. This book mixes deep emotions and humor....seriousness and comedy. Backman does it flawlessly. This was an emotional mind trip! And at the end, I wasn't sure if I should cry, laugh or just smile. 

Great book! With all the mess going on in 2020, I really needed this book. I need to listen to the audio book next...because this book deserves a second read. 

Another book I loved from Fredrik Backman! No more doubting him.....if he writes a book on car stereo installation I will read it with no second thoughts. I can't wait to see what he comes out with next!

See? I reviewed it without giving anything away! :) Yay me!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Atria Books. All opinions expressed are entirely  my own.** 

No comments:

Post a Comment