Sunday, September 20, 2020

REVIEW: Three Treats Too Many

 Three Treats Too Many
Author: Debra H. Goldstein


In this 3rd book in the Sarah Blair Mystery series, Sarah and her sister are still struggling to open their restaurant. This time inspection woes have delayed their dream project.....long enough for weasel-y rival Jane to pop back up to cause trouble. Jane opens a competing restaurant quite close to Sarah & Emily's delayed upscale eatery. When Jane's talented chef turns up dead, Sarah and her pals land in the soup again.... 

I love this series! It's always an enjoyable mix of murder mystery and humor. RahRah the siamese cat is of course a favorite character of mine. And I enjoy hating the daylights out of annoying Jane, as I am sure is the author's intention. There are times I want to hop into the book and just punch Jane. I would gladly smack her....but killing her chef is a pretty low blow. :)

Great read! I needed some cozy goodness with everything going on in my life. This book gave me a nice spot of humor and entertainment! I read my review copy and then also checked out the audio book on Scribd. I love listening to cozies....it makes my commute to work more interesting and it's just enjoyable to have a cute story read to me. Even though I knew how the plot turned out already, I still enjoyed listening to the audio. Emily Beresford narrates. She reads at a nice, steady pace and has a pleasant voice. The audio is just over 7.5 hours. All in all, a great listening experience!

Can't wait for the next book in this series! Oh, and there are recipes in the book as well! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Kensington. All opinions expressed are completely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment