Friday, September 18, 2020

REVIEW: Middle School Bites

 Middle School Bites
Author: Steven Banks


For me, the second it hits September 1, it's Halloween season. I start reading any sort of spooky, monsterish sort of book I can get my hands on. Scary, funny, cute....I don't care what sort. If it's Halloween-y in any way -- it's at the top of my TBR. 

Since I just finished a pretty heavy adult horror novel, I decided to enjoy a middle grade audiobook to give my brain a bit of a break. Something cute, but still that touch of spooky :) Middle School Bites is perfect for a spooky read with a big dose of humor and cuteness!

Tom is just starting middle school. He's worried about the usual stuff -- bullies, being embarrassed, etc. But just before school starts, Tom gets bitten.....not once....but three times. How can a kid survive middle school if he's a Vam-Wolf-Zom?? It's a trifecta that Tom could never have planned for.....

What a cute book! It reminds me a lot of the Last Kids on Earth Series...but there is a reason for that. Robbie Daymond narrates the audiobooks for both series! I love his voice acting in the Last Kids books....and he was great on this one too! 

Fun series! I have the second book Middle School Bites: Tom Bites Back on hold at my public library. Can't wait to listen to it! There's a bit of a waiting list....but that just means other people are loving this series too! 

*I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Holiday House Publishing, and listened to an audio book copy from my public library. All opinions expressed are totally my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment