Tuesday, September 29, 2020

REVIEW: Christmas Cupcake Murder

Christmas Cupcake Murder
Author: Joanne Fluke

I get really excited when the annual Christmas Hannah Swenson story comes out....or a new book in the series! I have been visiting Hannah & the crew in Lake Eden, MN since the first book in this series was published in 2000! While not the first culinary cozy series, this one is definitely my favorite....and one of the first!

A couple of the most recent books in the series were disappointing (changes in writing quality, bizarre plot choices....things just seemed off), but I am happy to say that things in Lake Eden appear to be coming back to their usual feel and quality. Although certain side plots (long time fans of this series know which side plot I am referring to) still has yet to be resolved. Hannah will make a decision someday. I hope....it's been 20 years...get on with it already, Hannah! lol And none of that stupid R-like stuff again! 

This story is sweet and fun to read! Hannah bakes holiday cookies and cupcakes....and the gang discovers a homeless man who has lost his memory and needs help. So, while Hannah does not find a dead body laying about this time, there is still an enjoyable mystery. Who is Joe? And why can't he remember who he is or how he came to Lake Eden? 

This story is the usual Christmas holiday filler story.....Joanne Fluke publishes a Christmas Hannah story each year. It's a shorter read than the novels in this series, but a very enjoyable holiday treat! The recipes included between chapters are varied.....everything from colorful pickles to cherry frosted cupcakes! Mmmmmmmm! And the recipes include cute little comments from Hannah and the gang. 

I was VERY happy to see that the next novel -- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Murder -- is coming out in February 2021!!!! (I think I gained 3 lbs just reading the title though!) I wonder if The Decision will be made? or hinted at? Or discussed? Or.....anything???? I have a few months to ponder on that..... 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Kensington. All opinions expressed are entirely my own. Even this one:  Hannah, make up your mind already!**

No comments:

Post a Comment