Wednesday, September 23, 2020

REVIEW: Fearless

 Fearless
Author: Allen Stroud


Humanity has spread into space. There are colonies on the moon, Mars....even Europa. To protect the outposts, resupply ships and travellers, there is a fleet that patrols space. Their job is to patrol, offer help to space freighters, conduct search & rescue missions when needed, and give aid to stranded or damaged ships. It's an important job -- without the resupply ships, the outposts would be completely cut off. Most of the time the work is routine.....until it isn't. When Captain Shann and her crew respond to a distress signal, things get dicey. One of her crew is murdered, and then the ship is attacked....    Their job just got very non-routine quite quickly!

This book has some awesome action scenes and definitely kept my attention. I love Captain Shann as a main character...she is intelligent and incredibly capable. The story is told from multiple points of view. Normally, I really don't care for that sort of plot -- but for this Space Opera, it worked perfectly. I can't wait until this comes out in audio format -- this is the perfect sci-fi novel to listen to! I loved reading it -- but I think I will enjoy it even more in audio!

This is the first book by Allen Stroud that I've read. I'm definitely going to be reading more. Best Sci-Fi adventure  I've read in quite awhile! I love the front cover art for this book....so awesome!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Flame Tree Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment