Saturday, September 19, 2020

REVIEW: Hanging Falls

 Hanging Falls
Author: Margaret Mizushima


Hanging Falls is the 6th book in the Timber Creek K-9 series. This series is one of my favorites! I eagerly await each new book in this series!

Mattie Cobb is a police officer in Timber Creek, CO. Her K-9 partner, Robo, is always at her side. They also hang out often with local Wildlife official Glenna and her dog, Moose. The action in this newest book starts immediately...no waiting! While on a trail run with the dogs, the two women find a body snagged in the branches of a tree near Hanging Falls. Not only does Mattie have to find out who the dead man is...but also how he got in the water, who was responsible and what he might have been doing there. It ends up being a very complex case involving a local religious cult. 

The story in this newest book is suspenseful and engrossing. There is some in-depth character development for Mattie in this newest book, plus a bit more focus on her love interest, Cole Walker, his veterinary practice and his daughters. Lots of Mattie & Robo action -- with some vital character and backstory developments! 

I read my review copy of this book....but then also checked the audio book out at my local public library when it came out. I love listening to this series on audio. I already knew how the case came out, but I wanted to be able to savor the story on a second read, rather than reading under a review deadline. The audio book is narrated by Nancy Wu. Wu does an excellent job of bringing the story and characters to life. She reads at a steady pace and has a pleasant voice. The audio is just a bit over 10 hours long. 

Awesome story! In print....and in audio! I love this series -- can't wait for the next book! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books...and also checked out the audio book from my local library. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment